Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chicken Noodle Soup

My R has grown up. Now at night, she can sleep on herself and I can confidently turn off the lights and close the door. This means after making her sleep  I can really spend sometime with myself. She can also play herself.  We love watching her from behind when she plays with her dolls.

These years with R are a learning phase of our life and we love and enjoy each moments with her. Just a smiling face of R and all stresses of life vanish.

I was never a person who loved cooking. But a true foodie. May be this is one reason of my newly developed 'cooking' passion. The other reason may be hereditary- straight from my mother. Whatever it is I'm loving this.

Last night I had made chicken noodle soup and it was complimented by the husband. Being praised on serving soups to S is not a joke. He never complains of anything and is very less demanding, he doesn't like soups though.

The recipe is very simple. Here it goes:




Ingredients:


250gms of chicken Half packet of  noodles1 big table spoon garlic paste1 big onion2 table spoons white vinegar1 small tablespoon butterFew whole black pepper and 3-4 cloves of garlicSalt and pepper to taste


Method:


Take 250 gms of chicken boneless or with bone. I prefer with bone so that I don't need to add any extra oil. Cut the chicken in small pieces.

Pressure cook the chicken with salt, 1 table spoon of garlic paste and 1 table spoon vinegar with one whistle in low flame. Once done separate the chicken pieces from the stock.

While the chicken gets cooked, blanch the noodles and make a fine paste of the onion.

In a pan put a small table spoon of butter, a few whole black pepper and 3-4 pieces of crushed garlic. To that add the onion paste. Fry it for some time. 

Add the chicken stock. Bring to boil. Add the chicken and the noodles and 1 table spoon of vinegar. Add salt and pepper to your taste and simmer for 5 minutes. 

Your Chicken noodle soup is ready.  Before serving discard the whole black peppers.


Note: You can also add vegetables as per your choice. 

4 comments:

  1. You have surprised me, Rini! I never associated you with serious/regular cooking though, on occasions, you have cooked for us at my home! I think the credit for making you a cook goes to your daughter!! Loved your recipes! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you didi so much. Yah you can say that my lil one is inspiring me. Then my mother as well :) This time when she was around I made a point that I'll cook and serve her. All through her life she just cared for us without caring for herself. Who better than you could realise this...

    And didi I owe a lot to you as well. I remember all thosel days of IITB...ur great cooking...I love all the dishes that you make, including the coffee. I miss it didi.

    Once when I visited you after settling in Pune, you said me to note down the recipes what I make or as I collect them from somewhere. Actually this blog started remembering that small but useful tip.

    love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go pipi...good job...will b joining with u soon

    ReplyDelete