Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Doi-roshun-kanchalanka murgi or chicken marinated in curd, garlic and green chili paste

I have surprised my family and friends a lot by starting a cooking blog. :)  This was quite expected. Actually it is quite unusual to me as well. :) :)  But I'm enjoying this new job totally and what  is making me more happy is when my friends are asking me for recipes ;)

These days I really think seriously about what to cook at dinner and way back to home in the evening I'm occupied only with those thoughts- what should it be, it should be of low oil, should be tasty so that S likes it and etc etc.

Last night it was- Doi-roshun-kanchalanka murgi or chicken marinated in curd, garlic and green chili paste. Believe me it was really tasty. 

At midnight when Papia, my friend pinged me and asked about a chicken recipe I thought of giving this one to her. Papia this is exclusively for you. Cook and let me know. Sorry for posting  delay :) and hurriedly i am not able to upload the pic of the cooked dish. But I have a pic while marinating the chicken. Will upload the pic of the final cooked dish soon.


Ingredients


Chicken 1 kg (with bone)
Curd 3-4 table spoon
Garlic clove 12-15
Green chilies 8-10 (or as per your tolerance)
1 Big onion
Salt as per taste
Turmeric
Any vegetable oil 1 table soon
Tejpata 2-3
Methi seeds
Kasauri methi 1 tea spoon/ Tandoori Chicken masala Powder (optional)
Coriander leaves chopped
1 slit green chili

 Preparation


Make a fine paste of the garlic and the green chilies
Chop the onion
Clean the chicken and marinate.




For Marination


Now in a large bowl put the chicken and add one by one
Curd 3-4 table spoon heaped
Salt as per taste (This is one time that I add salt to this dish)
Chili Garlic paste
Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
Refrigerate the marinated chicken for 30 minutes.

Chicken to marinate


Cooking                                                                                                                               

Heat a pan with 1 table spoon of oil.
Temper with tejpata and methi seeds
Add the chopped onion. As it is light brown add the chicken, simmer the gas and cover the pan.
After 15 minutes open the lid and stir. The chicken has released lot of water by now. Continue to cook the chicken at simmer with frequent stirring; by 15-20 minutes the chicken will be cooked. If you see the water quantity is still more then increase the flame and let the water dry. This gravy will be medium dry. Add 1 tea spoon kasuri methi or tandoori chicken masala powder now. Once the gravy reaches its expected consistency, switch off the gas.
Garnish with slit green chilies and chopped coriander leave.
Serve with roti or paratha

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog.. Keep it up… I kept thinking to start writing the recipes in one place, but as usual I don’t get enough time to do that. So from now on, I will rather pass those to you. You try those; if you like post it with pictures.
    I have only one recipe in my blog, try this one.
    http://rinikiblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/bon-appetite-with-fish-curry-sorshe.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Riniki. Sure, dear...send me whenever you get time... I've just seen your recipe. Nice one will try and let you know

      Delete