Thursday, March 27, 2014

Baked Vegetables with Cheese and Pepper

Last time when we had a party at our place with K da  I made this dish as veg starter. Since then it’s due to be blogged. This is another easy and less time consuming yet, a tasty and healthy dish. Kids will love this dish.

Normally in a gathering, like ours, I always have to think a lot for the choice of vegetables. Certain vegetables do not go at night, certain vegetables kids do not prefer, so it is always either cabbage or cauliflower or capsicums. I had a cauliflower dish for main course and was looking for a starter option. I had some baby potatoes. Initially I thought of baking the baby potatoes. Then I found some mushroom and baby corn waiting on my refrigerator, for some experimentation. So from baking baby potatoes I shifted to baking baby potatoes, mushroom and baby corn.

Here goes the recipe.

Baked Vegetables with Cheese and Pepper (10 people)

Preparation time: 20-30 minutes
Cooking-15 minutes

Ingredients

20-25 baby potatoes, cleaned and skin peeled
20-25 button mushrooms cleaned
10-15 baby corns cleaned and cut into halves, lengthwise
1 Big onion cut into cubes
4-5 bug fat garlic cloves crushed
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper coarsely ground
Oregano
Any vegetable oil 1 table soon (I have used olive oil)
2-3 cheeze slices

Method                                                                                                                               

Take the baby potatoes and prick on all the sides with a fork.
Brush a microwave safe bowl with oil. Add all the vegetables, onion pieces, crushed garlic, salt and oil. Mix well. In a microwave + convection mode bake for 8-10 minutes in 600 degree. After 10 minutes, carefully bring out the bowl and check. If the vegetables are cooked then add the pepper, oregano and the cheese slices and bake for 2 minutes in 200 degree.
After 2 minutes switch off the microwave and keep the dish to be cooled normally.

Garnish with some shredded cheese if you want. 
Baked vegetables

1 comment:

  1. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. hari raya goodies delivery

    ReplyDelete