Friday, August 1, 2014

Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Cup Cake

Baking is my recent addiction. I do not have any professional training and I am an amateur. The same thing goes for my cooking as well. The only advantage to the latter is that I have watched my mother and grandmother (no less than the professional cooks when it comes to taste) and developed that taste bud. Mummy is the only one of whom I can think of when I get stuck while cooking anything. But baking! Nobody ever did that in my family. So with the readings from different professional cooking blogs and different beautiful posts on FB this was my first attempt to make an eggless whole wheat banana cup cake.

The cakes turned out soft and spongy and were finished within a day by my hubby and daughter. The result was inspiring of the first baking and maybe I will try some new things as I get time. For now here’s the recipe.

Ingredients


1 cup whole wheat
1 cup curd
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
4 tbsp butter
½ cup sugar powder
3 ripe bananas

Method

In a blender, blend the bananas. Melt the butter. Sift and mix whole wheat, baking soda and baking powder. Add butter and the wheat mix to the blended bananas. Now add curd and sugar to this and mix well.  There should not be any lumps.

Preheat the oven in 250 degree C. Pour the mixture in the cake moulds. If you do not have moulds, add the mixture in a microwave safe bowl. In the convection mode bake it for 30 minutes in 200 degree C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment