Friday, August 1, 2014

Oil less Cream Drop Bottle Gourd/ Lauki Soup

These days I am going through a somewhat hectic/ stressed days. There are different reasons. Shifting to a new house and making R adjusted to that being the primary one. As usual I was engrossed with my own problems- cursing, crying and what not of my luck. Then I heard some of my friends and colleagues discussing the odds of life. Realized once again and thanked the Devine Mother to make me remember how Beautiful Life actually is.

Why I said all these things here…No, actually I do not know. My only intention was to give the readers (if anybody actually read this blog J or else just a self declaration) the excuses behind my long absence.

Well, in spite of these stressed days, the only relief is this that my parents are visiting me now and my mother is around. Such a relief!!! Shifting all my worries to her I am happily coming to office and doing my daily chores. Thanks to the Devine Mother once again for making ‘Mothers’. She is actually my Matri Rupena Samsthita (I see the form of Devine Mother within her).

The rain has regained its lost power in Pune and it is raining almost continuously for the last few days. R was not too well and my parents need some well cooked vegetable in curry or dal to dip the roti for dinner. There were not too many vegetables with me and I did not want to make dal as it was already there for lunch. A hot soup will actually serve all my purposes. A soup from bottle gourd was my idea. 

Following is the recipe-

Ingredients

Bottle Gourd/ Lauki  300 grams cut into small cubes
1 big onion sliced
3-4 fat garlic cloves sliced
Salt to taste
½ tsp oregano
2 tbsp cream

Method                                                                            
                                                   

Pressure cook the Bottle gourd cubes, onion and garlic slices with salt with moderate amount of water. After 3-4 whistles remove from heat and let it cool down.
Now, separate the stock and in a blender blend the cooked Bottle gourd cubes, onion and garlic slices.
Heat the stock in the pressure cooker and mix the blended vegetable.
Add oregano.
Add salt if required.
Add 1 tbsp of cream when the consistency of the soup is moderate.
Remove from heat and add the other tbsp cream in drops.
Serve hot. 
You can add butter and pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment